Whilst restaurants, cafes, bistros, and all your favourite places to eat and drink have temporarily closed as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak, you can still enjoy your favourite restaurant quality dishes, from the comfort of your own home.
We have rounded up a list of Suffolk pubs, cafes, and restaurants offering takeaway and delivery services in this handy guide, so you can easily see what is available near you.
As things are changing rapidly, we will be updating this guide on a regular basis to ensure you have the up to date information you need. Last updated: 3rd April 2020.
Cafe 51 are delivering homecooked ready meals, to be heated at home.
Meals will usually cost £5, but prices vary for Sunday roasts and special occasion meals.
Orders can be placed over the phone or via email.
Kingfishers Community Kitchen
Kingfishers Community Kitchen have launched a project to help the most vulnerable people in the local area.
They are offering delivery of subsidised, frozen home cooked ready meals to the over 70s, those in financial hardship, frontline NHS staff, and self isolating households.
For just £25, the most vulnerable will receive 7x frozen home cooked complete meals, delivered to their door. All 7 meals will be delivered at the same time, in one drop.
This service will be completely free of charge to NHS and key front line workers.
The service is currently focusing upon the areas of Cretingham, Easton, Ashfield, Saxtead, Letheringham, Brandeston, Kettleburgh, Hoo, Charsfield, Dennington, Earl Soham, Monewden, Framsden, and Otley.
Orders can be made over the phone or via email, with payment made over the phone.
Emmett’s Store are offering both delivery and collection of items such as pasta, pulses, fresh vegetables, meats, and fruit:
- Collection – The shop is open and well stocked.
- Delivery – Available within Peasenhall.
Orders can be made over the phone, online via the website, or via email.
The Pippin Store at Stoke by Nayland Hotel
Stoke by Nayland
The Pippin Store at Stoke by Nayland Hotel are offering fresh produce, frozen ready meals, household essentials, and even afternoon tea in a box:
- Collection Service – The Pippin Store is open every day, from 7am – 7pm. Only one family member should enter the shop, with a maximum of two customers in the shop at any one time. Please also stand at least two metres apart when waiting outside. Contactless payment is preferable.
- Delivery Service – Available for residents within a five mile radius of the hotel, which covers nearby areas in Suffolk and Essex. Deliveries will be made on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Orders will need to be made by 4pm the day before. Minimum spend for delivery is £20, and there is a £3 delivery charge (free delivery for over 70s and the vulnerable).
Orders can be placed over the phone.
The Dog at Grundisburgh
The Dog at Grundisburgh are currently offering a collection service for their pizza, on a pre-order only basis. Vegetarian & Vegan pizzas also available.
Available on Wednesdays and Saturdays, from 5pm – 9pm.
Call to place your order, and collect from the contactless outdoor collection point.
The George at Hintlesham
The George are delivering classic pub dishes to addresses in Chattisham and Hintlesham.
Available at the following times: Tuesday – Saturday 5pm – 7:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm – 3:00pm.
Hank’s Deli & Shop
Hank’s Deli & Shop are currently running a takeaway service for their 100% Vegan food.
Choose from the menu shown on the website, then order over the phone, via email, or via direct message on Facebook or Instagram.
Your order will be packaged and ready for you to collect. Contactless payments only.
Bury St Edmunds
Mediterranean cuisine, with high quality ingredients and a flexible approach to dietary requirements.
Casa are currently offering two options for delivery:
- Meals On Wheels – A service for the vulnerable and those over 70 who are self isolating. Two course lunch, delivered between 11:30am and 1:45pm. Meals On Wheels will be a different set menu each day, depending upon the ingredients available, however they are happy to cater to dietary requirements and likes/ dislikes.
- Delivery – Choose from a range of options on the takeaway menu: http://casabse.co.uk/casa/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Takeaway-Mennu-Tapas-2020-1.pdf
The Walnut Tree
Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free pub food.
The Walnut Tree are currently offering a pre-order and collection service of frozen vegan gluten free Redi-Meals, including Vegan pizza.
Call to order and arrange a collection time. Collection times will be staggered so that there will only be one customer collecting at any one time.
Bistro on the Quay
Seasonal menu including classic British desserts such as Apple Tart and Sticky Toffee Pudding. They will also deliver wine.
Orders can be placed via email or over the phone, and will be delivered to your door.
The Cook’s Shed
Modern European and Southern European dishes inspired by nature, made from locally sourced ingredients.
The Cook’s Shed are currently offering takeaway and delivery options. Call to place an order.
Nourish Cafe & Newbourne Farm
Nourish Cafe and Newbourne Farm are working together to provide boxes of items such as bread, cheese, milk, meat, vegetables, butter, and store cupboard essentials, every Friday.
- Collection- Please note you will need to bring your own reusable bag, box, or container to transport your items home as boxes cannot be used for health and safety reasons.
- Delivery – Available for those who are unable to collect. Your parcel will be left on your doorstep.
Orders can be placed via email, or in the post box outside the cafe. Please place your order by 4pm on Wednesday, so your order can be prepared ready for Friday of the same week.
Payment can be made via PayPal or bank transfer, or if you don’t use the internet, please contact to make other arrangements.
The product list may change from week to week. From Friday 3rd April 2020, freshly baked items will be included, such as cakes, scones, and homemade soup.