You may be missing your favourite restaurant, pub, or cafe, now that they have temporarily closed as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak. But you can still enjoy your favourite food and drink from the comfort of your own home, with the help of takeaway and delivery services.
This guide contains a list of Essex pubs, cafes, and restaurants offering takeaway and delivery services, so you can easily browse through your options.
Want to add a business offering delivery to this guide? Simply email us here with the business name, location, cuisine type and contact details.
The Rose & Crown
The Rose & Crown is supplying hampers of mixed fruit, vegetables, and salads for £20, as well as hot food takeaways. Every Thursday they are running a ‘Mexican Street Food’ set menu. See Facebook for regular menu updates.
- Collection – Essential food hampers are variable, based on the supplies available each day. Call pr email to arrange collection of hampers or hot food.
- Delivery – Place orders over the phone or via email.
Lucca is offering a takeaway service for its artisanal wood fired pizza.
Order and pay over the phone – phone lines will be open daily from 3:30pm onwards.
You will be given instructions for collection, which can be arranged for any time between:
- Monday to Thursday: 4pm – 8pm
- Friday or Saturday: 4pm – 9pm
- Sunday: 2pm – 8pm
Maldon & Heybridge
Dante’s Brasserie are currently running a delivery service for their seafood dishes.
Orders can be made via email, including your full name, address, and phone number. Payment will be made over the phone.
Orders should be placed by 4pm on Wednesdays, ready for delivery on Friday.
There is a £15 minimum spend for delivery within Maldon & Heybridge, with a £25 minimum order for surrounding areas (up to 5 miles). Enquiries can be made for other areas.
Pieseas Chippy family run fish & chip shop are offering:
- Collection – Available from 4:30pm to 9pm.
- Delivery – Between 5pm and 9pm.
Orders can be made over the phone.
The Cricketers are offering delivery and collection services for their traditional pub food.
- Collection – To order please phone, this service will be assessed on a daily basis on whether it can continue. Your order will be brought to your vehicle in the car park.
- Delivery – Free delivery to Eight Ash Green, Fordham, Aldham, and West Bergholt.
Takeaway Menu: http://www.thecricketerscolchester.co.uk/update/data/img/uploads/files/TheCricketersTakeAway.pdf
Brick Lane Bagel Co
Brick Lane Bagel Co are currently open for both delivery and collection:
- Collection – The shop is open for takeaway order
- Delivery – Orders can be made over the phone for delivery.
Note: NHS workers will be served for free.
Cafe Bellissimo are delivering their authentic Italian food to the CO1 post code area (no delivery charge).
Orders can be made and paid for over the phone, please give 1 hour notice so your order can be freshly cooked.
Oysters Fish & Chips
Oysters Fish & Chips are currently offering two services:
- Collection – Open from 11am until 9pm. Orders can be made over the phone ready for collection.
- Delivery – Order online via Deliveroo for delivery to your door
Tiptree Patisserie are offering two services:
- Household Staples – Items such as flour, milk, and cheese, as well as cakes and patisserie items, available for either home delivery or collection. £50 minimum spend for free home delivery within Essex.
- Afternoon Tea Box – Includes 4x fruit scones, 4x pieces of carrot cake, 4x pieces of lemon drizzle cake, 8x handmade shortbread biscuits, 4x mini Tiptree jams, all for just £20 – with the option of adding a bottle of Tiptree Fruit Gin Liqueur for £15. Free, contactless delivery throughout Essex.
Collection: Tiptree Patisserie, The Olympic Building, Crittall Road, Witham, Essex CM8 3DR
The Pippin Store at Stoke by Nayland Hotel
Stoke by Nayland
The Pippin Store at Stoke by Nayland Hotel are offering fresh produce, frozen ready meals, household essentials, and takeaway afternoon tea:
- Collection Service – The Pippin Store is open 7 days a week, between 7am and 7pm. Only one family member should enter the shop (maximum of two customers in the shop at any one time). Please pay by contactless if possible, and stand at least two metres apart when waiting outside.
- Delivery Service – Available for residents within a five mile radius of the hotel, which covers nearby areas in Essex and Suffolk. Orders for delivery should be made by 4pm on the day before, ready for delivery on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. There is a minimum spend of £20 for delivery orders, and there is a £3 charge for delivery (free for the vulnerable and over 70s).
Orders can be made over the phone.
Takeaway Afternoon Tea: https://n5m6x3y2.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/SbN-Afternoon-Tea-Takeaway-menu-2.pdf
Frozen Meals: https://n5m6x3y2.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/SbN-Takeaway-menu-2.pdf
The Kings Arms
The Kings Arms are currently offering two services:
- Delivery – For breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Free delivery within Frating, £1.50 for delivery within 6 miles.
- Collection – On a drive-through basis. When you arrive, stay in your car and call, and your order will be brought out to you.
Both options are available from 8am – 10pm. Orders can be placed over the phone.
Dough & Co
Dough & Co are delivering pasta and wood fired pizza, from their Colchester branch.
- Delivery – Currently available between 12midday and 11pm every day. No contact delivery is available for those who are self isolating, please request and your order will be placed on your doorstep.
01206 548 331
Robins Pie n Mash
Romford, Chingford, Wanstead, and Southend
Robins Pie n Mash are offering delivery of their homemade pie and mash from the following branches in Essex:
- Romford 01708 752 552
- Chingford 0208 524 1824
- Wanstead 0208 989 1988
- Southend 01702 436 396
- Basildon 01268 271713
Orders can be placed over the phone, using the phone numbers above.
Robins Pie n Mash are also supporting NHS and Keyworkers by delivering lunches and dinners free of charge to hospitals/ health centres/ wards.