You may be missing your favourite restaurant, pub, or cafe, now that they have temporarily closed as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak. But you can still enjoy your favourite food and drink from the comfort of your own home, with the help of takeaway and delivery services.
This guide contains a list of Essex pubs, cafes, and restaurants offering takeaway and delivery services, so you can easily browse through your options.
Note: Things are changing rapidly, so we will be updating this guide on a regular basis to ensure you are getting up to date information. Last updated: 3rd April 2020.
Want to add a business offering delivery to this guide? Simply email us here with the business name, location, cuisine type and contact details.
Tiptree Patisserie are offering two services:
- Household Staples – Items such as flour, milk, and cheese, as well as cakes and patisserie items, available for either home delivery or collection. £50 minimum spend for free home delivery within Essex.
- Afternoon Tea Box – Includes 4x fruit scones, 4x pieces of carrot cake, 4x pieces of lemon drizzle cake, 8x handmade shortbread biscuits, 4x mini Tiptree jams, all for just £20 – with the option of adding a bottle of Tiptree Fruit Gin Liqueur for £15. Free, contactless delivery throughout Essex.
The Pippin Store at Stoke by Nayland Hotel
Stoke by Nayland
The Pippin Store at Stoke by Nayland Hotel are offering fresh produce, frozen ready meals, household essentials, and takeaway afternoon tea:
- Collection Service – The Pippin Store is open 7 days a week, between 7am and 7pm. Only one family member should enter the shop (maximum of two customers in the shop at any one time). Please pay by contactless if possible, and stand at least two metres apart when waiting outside.
- Delivery Service – Available for residents within a five mile radius of the hotel, which covers nearby areas in Essex and Suffolk. Orders for delivery should be made by 4pm on the day before, ready for delivery on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. There is a minimum spend of £20 for delivery orders, and there is a £3 charge for delivery (free for the vulnerable and over 70s).
Orders can be made over the phone.
Takeaway Afternoon Tea: https://n5m6x3y2.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/SbN-Afternoon-Tea-Takeaway-menu-2.pdf
Frozen Meals: https://n5m6x3y2.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/SbN-Takeaway-menu-2.pdf
The Kings Arms
The Kings Arms are currently offering two services:
- Delivery – For breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Free delivery within Frating, £1.50 for delivery within 6 miles.
- Collection – On a drive-through basis. When you arrive, stay in your car and call, and your order will be brought out to you.
Both options are available from 8am – 10pm. Orders can be placed over the phone.
Dough & Co
Dough & Co are delivering pasta and wood fired pizza, from their Colchester branch.
- Delivery – Currently available between 12midday and 11pm every day. No contact delivery is available for those who are self isolating, please request and your order will be placed on your doorstep.
01206 548 331
Robins Pie n Mash
Romford, Chingford, Wanstead, and Southend
Robins Pie n Mash are offering delivery of their homemade pie and mash from the following branches in Essex:
- Romford 01708 752 552
- Chingford 0208 524 1824
- Wanstead 0208 989 1988
- Southend 01702 436 396
- Basildon 01268 271713
Orders can be placed over the phone, using the phone numbers above.
Robins Pie n Mash are also supporting NHS and Keyworkers by delivering lunches and dinners free of charge to hospitals/ health centres/ wards.
Mawsons Micro Pub
Mawsons are currently running delivery and collection services for their drinks:
- Delivery – Free within a 3 mile radius, or £5 within a 10 mile radius. More than 10 miles, please ask for a price.
- Collection – One person collecting at any one time, digital payment is preferred. Please only choose collection if you are feeling healthy.
Orders can be placed over the phone.