This competition is now closed – the published entries can be seen here.
Keep your eyes peeled for similar competitions in 2019.
Become an author on The Tourist Trail Blog!
Have you enjoyed a fantastic day out or a great holiday in the UK this summer?
Why not share your experience with our thousands of website visitors and have your work published on The Tourist Trail Blog.
We have three great prizes for our favourite entries:
- First Prize – An Attraction World family ticket so you can enjoy a great day out at a choice of over 8,000 theme parks and attractions across the UK
- Second Prize – £50 of book tokens
- Third Prize – £25 of book tokens
How to enter:
- Simply submit a blog post of between 500 and 1000 words describing your day out or holiday in the UK to [email protected] (images are also welcome)
- You can accompany this with a sentence describing yourself which will be included in your author bio
- Click here to see an example blog post
- We aim to publish as many blog posts as possible (so long as they make it past our trusty content writer!)
Be sure to read the Terms & Conditions as outlined below!
Terms & Conditions
This competition opens on 28/08/2018 and closes on 28/09/2018
- This competition is not available to employees or contractors of The Tourist Trail Limited and R3: Financial Services Group Limited, or members of their immediate families
- The promoter is The Tourist Trail Limited, Registered office: Globe House, 24 Turret Lane, Ipswich IP4 DL
- Competition entry is restricted to one entry per person, aged between 10 years and 16 years on the date of entry
- Competition entries should be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1000 words
- The entry must relate to a UK based day out or holiday undertaken in 2018
- Competition entries should be in typewritten format and submitted via email to [email protected] and should be accompanied by parent / guardian contact details including name and email address. The only details appearing on The Tourist Trail Blog will be the author’s name plus a sentence describing the author if they so wish.
- Competition entries are free
- We reserve the right not to publish entries on The Tourist Trail website or to make minor text amendments
- The winning entries will be determined on 01/10/2018 and announced on The Tourist Trail website and via social media. Prize winners will be contacted by email.
- The attraction ticket prize is supplied by Attraction World and has value of up to £150. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered.
- If the competition prizes are declined or the winners cannot be contacted, the promoter reserves the right to select another winner from the eligible entrants
- The promoter’s decision is final
- Prize winner details can be provided on request.
- This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the law of England & Wales