Gurt Yurt at Batch Campsite
Gurt Yurt in Somerset
The Yurt is in the Mendip Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Set in your own private corner of the meadow, the yurt is an oasis for local wild life.
- King sized brass bed with Egyptian cotton bedding
- Stargaze all night through the skylight
- Wood burning stove & electric blanket
- Veranda for watching the sun set
- Hammocks are available outside
- Private hot shower and wash house next to the yurt
- Compost toilet
- Kettle, Toaster & Single hot plate in your yurt
- Each pitch has it’s own firepit
- Basic toilet facilities
- No shower
- Tap with drinking water
- Shared fridge
- We recycle or dispose of all your waste
- Parking is 50m from the campfield
- You can use our wheelbarrows to transport your equipment to your pitch
- Beautiful views and dark skies
Groups: Please check with Tim if you are booking for a group as we are a small quiet campsite. You can book one pitch or the whole field. Suitable for DoE groups.
Pricing: £8 per person per night. £1 discount if you walk or cycle up to us. Price is the same all year round. Under 1s go free
Batch Campsite and our Gurt Yurt is within easy walking distance of the legendary Crown at Churchill a few hundred metres down the track for local beers, ciders and some good pub food.
We are within walking distance of several rustic pubs, a village shop and a good fish and chip shop. Small supermarkets are also nearby, within walking or a short drive.
Close to Cheddar, Wells, Wookey Hole, The Somerset Levels, Weston-super-Mare and Brean Down.Visit Website